Ømega
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elnaröugh, my short story for the fanfiction contest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ricky~ۥ
Ricky~ۥ

Hit Points : 13590

Character Bio
Character Name: Candessa
Class & Race: Elven Mage
Memo:

Elnaröugh, my short story for the fanfiction contest Empty
PostSubject: Elnaröugh, my short story for the fanfiction contest   Elnaröugh, my short story for the fanfiction contest Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 3:03 pm

Hey guys! This is the short story I wrote for the fanfiction contest on the O & C forum. PRETTY PLEASE stop by and vote for me. Thank you so much.

Please stop by and vote for me! I think it makes you register with your email of you want to but hey---there's no spam and you'll be supporting your favorite aspiring writer! ....me
Your support means the world to me. Vote for "Untitled" by autumn empires aka: Candessa. And if you don't like it...vote for the one you do like!

http://onlinegames-forum.gameloft.com/index.php?topic=28393.0

My name is Elnaröugh. It's an ancient name dating back to my ancestors of the High Elven empire before evil divided and scattered us across the earth. I've been wearing the same reinforced cotton robe for months and it's hideous but it doesn't compare to those white hats you see all the monks in. There’s one word for those: gay. I can’t remember the last time night fell on Greenmont. I’m beginning to believe it’s just one continuous day which could even drive a monk to mass murder. I attended the University of Greenmont for Elemental Sorcery and for all its purposes, the dark libraries served best to keep me out of the sun.

Midway through my senior year I began hanging around with a certain rouge faction of post graduate wizards. They were unlike anyone I’d ever met: Obsessive but kind, Rambunctious but focused and always at all times… stone cold wizards. They had started their own guild and amongst them was Anthony Atticus Ross. He was what I considered a veteran and while I toiled through classes, he was out in the world, always returning to Greenmont with the spoils of victory: Coats of Arms, magic pendants and rare scrolls all of which fetched fabulous sums in auction. I wanted in and that’s how it began.

The university can teach you spells. You can graduate coated in rune armor, your mind full of wisdom but you cannot be a great wizard without experience. Ross was a great wizard. “Fire Barrage is the harnessing of an all powerful force.” He told me one day on our way to Mirror Lake. “It travels with the might of a great ocean.” “I know how to use that spell.” I said. “You know the spell. You don’t know how to use it. All great Mages must realize their place in the universe. You are a conduit that channels energy. The stronger you are from within, the greater the force passing through you.”

Over the mountains we went, arriving in the Shadow Lands. Long ago, an Elven prince defected from the High Elf Empire with 2 legions of elite shock troops. This was now their land. As we walked through the forest, I felt an eerie stillness. Ahead I saw the black armor of Shadow Knights which stood as still as stone. Ross turned to me. “Watch.” He instructed and a great gust surrounded his feet propelling him towards them. The Knights gave chase and Ross continued weaving through the trees passing one guard post after another, each time another guard joined the chase. Soon there were 9 of them; A menacing black steel horde with Anthony just ahead. Suddenly Ross threw down a quickly expanding radius of frost that the Knights ran into. The ice adhered to their armored legs, and they slowed immediately moaning and gnashing their teeth. That’s when Anthony began circling them throwing out the great booming force of fire barrage. I stood awestruck as he wailed on them again and again, never tiring or losing the spell. Then it all stopped. The frost receded on the grass and off the broken blood spattered armor. The knights were broken and lifeless.
“How did you do that?” I demanded. “When your enemy winces, you know he hurts beneath his armor. When you look at your opponent, you must forget his coat of arms. You see the blast striking a critical wound. The force renews itself again and again. You lose control, it goes into a stage of cooldown and your enemy overcomes you.”

My first try almost killed me. I had 6 Shadow Knights corralled into the frost circle when I began barraging, each blast knocking them to the ground. The 3rd time I lost it and I was quickly overrun and seriously wounded. Ross stepped in and saved my life.

Greenmont has its own intricate social scene. You have your attention whores and arrogant bastards. Then there’s the dungeon runners: Jocks really, only without girlfriends. They brag and talk smack, duel and curse up a storm. Among them you have your assassins. In his own mind, an assassin has never lost a duel. If they did it was a great injustice due to cheating or technical error. They disappear into thin air, stun you, then cut your throat. The worst part is they think this takes skill. Well maybe next duel I should teleport to another country and mail them a strongly worded letter. There’s an epic battle for you.

“Do you dare me to drink all these potions?” I had just graduated and drank 16 mana potions in a row. Don’t tell me those don’t do anything either. Try chugging 14. Anthony Ross and I were chatting by the great table in Greenmont. My guild had all helped buy me my first set of rune armor so we stood there making the scene when I was accosted by an assassin. The duel began immediately. In an amazing display of bravery, the assassin had turned invisible and ran away. I stood there for a moment not really knowing what to do. Then I laid down permafrost and channeled a coat of stone armor which surrounded me in a purple glow. The sin’s first arrow hit so hard, it knocked the wind out of me. As I struggled to get up he was already on me slashing at my face and throat with a dagger. I couldn’t break away. Blood ran down my neck and under my breastplate. That’s when it came to me. Look beyond his armor. The dagger dug into my thigh and I looked at my attacker and saw inside his mask, under the chain mail. He was a weak little boy pretending to be a man and put under duress, he would crack. I shut out all the pain I could and mustered up my one shot: a fire barrage. It knocked him clean off his feet and before he could stand I had another one. Then another and then another until his trembling body laid defeated on the ground, the frost gently dissipating off the cold stone walk. I had finally come to grips with one of the most powerful forces in elemental magic.

One of the main things I’ve learned so far is that nothing confronts your enemies stronger than a written appraisal of your feelings along with your favorite sweater. I’m joking of course, I just barrage them straight to hell.
Back to top Go down
http://mellaphoric.blogspot.com
Ch¡ps
Admin
Admin
Ch¡ps

Hit Points : 14040

Character Bio
Character Name: Chips
Class & Race: Elf Warrior
Memo: 2.5 Million Seconds

Elnaröugh, my short story for the fanfiction contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elnaröugh, my short story for the fanfiction contest   Elnaröugh, my short story for the fanfiction contest Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 1:34 pm

Loved it. Voted!

Goodluck Candy Cane!
Back to top Go down
https://theomegaguild.forumotion.com

Elnaröugh, my short story for the fanfiction contest
Page 1 of 1